If you would like to visit with one of our experienced attorneys for more information, contact us
ANNOUNCING NEW 2019 DENTAL PRACTICE LAUNCH CAMP DATES AND CITIES here.
Our firm is creating a podcast series for dentists. Follow the link and learn more about how to improve your dental practice!
All-inclusive Legal Solution
Like the majority of small businesses, a dental practice intersects many fields of law. It can be difficult finding legal professionals proficient in each of these areas. Often dentists must seek multiple attorneys, which can be cost-prohibitive. McGregor's Dental Law group focuses exclusively on dentistry, thereby offering dental industry expertise in one office. Some representative issues include:
- Practice Acquisitions. Buying or selling an operating dental practices. We help quarterback the acquisition process, ensuring that all your team members (CPAs, consultants, or even other attorneys) are aligned to create a smooth transition that is structured to achieve the best tax efficiency possible.
- Practice Formations. Start-up counseling and entity formation. We explain the pros and cons of forming a professional entity. We also review your goals to place you in the most tax-appropriate entity.
- Real Estate. Practice leases are a keystone to a successful dental office. We explain every turn of the lease, and point out which provisions are most relevant to your dental practice. We help manage the negotiation process, and we do so in a professional and respectful manner to help preserve the budding goodwill between the tenant and the landlord. We also help practice owners purchase new land or existing buildings.
- Employment. Associate dentist employment agreements, as well as independent contractor agreements, are stocked with provisions that may not be very meaningful to a first-time or young dentist. We help you understand what each provision means, and help you work with your employer to change fatal provisions.
- Partnerships. Counseling for and drafting dental partnership agreements is a detailed process that impacts the financial health of the partners. We want to help partners operate a streamlined organization. We help them understand what pitfalls most commonly beset dental partnerships, and we explain how best to avoid them.
- Dental Management Support Organizations. We advise dentists to implement this growing feature in the dental industry. We help clients understand the best structures and business models available.
How we charge
McGregor & Oblad PLLC operates exclusively on a flat-fee basis. You will know exactly what we will do and how much it will cost before you ever engage us. We speak to you at the outset to figure out exactly what your transaction entails. Then we quote you an appropriate price for the transaction. We also will never charge for speaking with us. We welcome the opportunity to share with you as much knowledge as you need to make an informed decision.
We also make a focused effort to work hand-in-hand with other dental-industry professionals like accountants, bankers, brokers, and consultants. This allows you to cohesively and efficiently move your practice forward.
Flat-fee billing allows you to assess the economics of using our services while also providing a predictable platform that is unusual with many legal services. Most importantly, however, flat-fee billing opens up the attorney-dentist dialogue to ensure effective and efficient representation.
How we are different
Do you really need a dental lawyer?
There is no law requiring that your matter be handled by a dental lawyer. There is, however, comfort in knowing that your attorney is experienced with your concerns. You should not be paying to educate your attorney—rather, your attorney should know how to educate you in the legal matters so you can focus on your practice. Your attorney should not just see what is in your contract; your attorney should see what is missing or needs changed.
At the end of the day, paying for a lawyer is about being comfortable. We understand that many potential clients already know other attorneys, and if they are comfortable with their existing relationships, we genuinely wish them the best. But if you are a dentist looking for an additional measure of confidence, we are happy to offer our extensive experience.
Although we are based in Dallas, Texas, we handle dental transactions throughout the State of Texas, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and (depending on the matter) we can assist in other states as well.