If you would like to visit with one of our experienced attorneys for more information, contact us
Have an attorney contact you today
All-inclusive Legal Solution
Like the majority of small businesses, a dental practice intersects many sub-fields of law. It can be difficult finding professional help proficient in each of the areas dentistry touches. Often Dentists must seek multiple attorneys (which, in some cases, is recommended), which can be cost-prohibitive. McGregor & Oblad PLLC offers legal representation geared exclusively towards representing dentists in their business dealings. Some representative issues include:
- Practice Acquisitions. Buying or selling an operating dental practices. We help quarterback the acquisition process, ensuring that all your team members (CPAs, consultants, or even other attorneys) are in alignment to effect a smooth transition that is structured to achieve the best tax efficiency possible.
- Practice Formations. Start-up counseling and entity formation. We explain the pros and cons to forming a professional entity. We also review the client's goals to place the client in the most tax-appropriate entity.
- Real Estate. Practice leases are a keystone to a successful dental office. We help explain every turn of the lease, and point out which provisions are most relevant to a dental practice. We help manage the negotiation process, and do it in a professional and respectful manner to help preserve the budding goodwill between the tenant and the landlord. We also help practice owners purchase new land or existing buildings.
- Employment. Associate dentists employment agreements, as well as independent contractor agreements, are stocked with provisions that may not be very meaningful to a first-time or young dentist. We help them understand what each provision means, and help them work with the employer to change fatal provisions.
- Partnerships. Counseling for and drafting dental partnership agreements is a detailed process that impacts the financial health of the partners, and the ability for the partners to operate a streamlined organization. We help partners understand what pitfalls most commonly beset dental partnerships, and explain how best to avoid them.
- Dental Management Service Organizations. We help advise this growing feature in the dental industry. We help clients understand the best structures and business models available.
How we charge
McGregor & Oblad PLLC operates exclusively on a flat-fee basis. You will know exactly what we will do, and how much it will cost before you ever engage us. We speak to you at the outset of your matter in order for us to ascertain exactly what your transaction entails, and then quote you a price appropriate for the transaction. We also never charge clients to speak with us, and welcome the opportunity to educate our clients as much as they desire.
We also make a focused effort to work hand-in-hand with other dental-industry professionals like accountants, bankers, brokers, and consultants. This allows our clients to cohesively and efficiently move their practice forward.
Flat-fee billing allows our clients to assess the economics of using our services, and it also provides a predictability unusual to legal services. Most importantly, however, is that it opens up the attorney-dentist dialogue to ensure effective and efficient representation.
Although we are based out of Dallas, Texas, and operate a satellite office in Houston, Texas, we handle dental transactions throughout the State of Texas. Additionally, through cooperation with a network of attorneys across the country, we handle matters in other states as well. If your transaction is outside the State of Texas, please call us to discuss whether we can assist you.